Trekking in Tien-Shan and Pamir
Best season: July – August
Location: Tien-Shan and Pamir, Kyrgyzstan
Duration: 14 days
Highly recommended: All tourists should have medical insurance for the particular activities with a minimum coverage of USD 35 000.
This is one of the most popular trekking itinerary in Kyrgyzstan, which combine two travel programmes conducted in opposite parts of the country. Lovers of outdoor activities will take part in good physical activities at the altitude of more than 3000m, explore landscapes of Kyrgyz Range in Tien-Shan and Chon-Alai Range in Pamir. Visit to opposite regions of Kyrgyzstanis the unique opportunity to experience the culture and traditions of local people. And of course this trip will open huge world of Kyrgyz nature, it’s colors, life of flora and fauna.
Active part of programme includes lodging in the most famous mountain base camps of the country: at the Ratzek Stop in the area of Ak-Sai Glacier and at base camps of Lenin Peak. Here you can share the experience with mountaineers and travelers from different parts of the Earth and find new friends.
1st Day. Bishkek
International flight to Bishkek. Meet at the Airport. Transfer to the Hotel. Rest. Afternoon city sightseeing tour of Bishkek: Philharmonic Society, Ala-Too Square, Victory Square, Handicraft Shops, Osh bazaar, Fine Arts Museum. Overnight at Hotel.
2nd Day. Bishkek – Ala-Archa
After breakfast transfer to Ala-Archa Nature Park (2100m), walk around the gorge, visit mountaineering memorial. Active acclimatization. Overnight in the Guest House located in Ala-Archa Park.
3rd Day. Ala-Archa – Ak-Sai Glacier
Hiking to the ‘Ratsek stop’ Hut in the area of Ak-Sai Glacier (3300m, 4-5 hours hiking). Overnight in Ak-Sai mountain hut. Meals: Full Board.
4th Day. Ak-Sai Glacier
Acclimatization circular trek to Ak-Sai Glacier (up to 4500m) and return to Ratsek Hut. Meals: Full Board.
5th Day. Ak-Sai Glacier – Bishkek
Descent to Ala-Archa park and drive to Bishkek. Free time in Bishkek city for shopping and rest. Overnight in the hotel. Meals: Breakfast in the hut.
6th Day. Bishkek – Osh
Domestic flight to Osh. Sightseeing tour: Suleiman Mount and Museum at the foot of the Mount, Osh Bazaar. Overnight in the hotel. Meals: Breakfast in the hotel.
7th Day. Osh – Achik-Tash
Overland transfer to Achik-Tash Base Camp,3700m (280 km, 6-7 hours drive). Overnight in Base Camp (BC) tents. Meals: Breakfast in the Hotel, Lunch and Dinner in BC.
8th Day. Achik-Tash
Visit Climbers’ Memorial. Circular trek to Lukovaya Polyana (“Wild Onion Meadow”) – hiking at low altitude. Overnight in tent camp. Meals: Full Board.
9th Day. Achik-Tash – ABC
Trek up to Advanced Base Camp (ABC) at 4200m (Approx. 6-8 hours trekking). Overnight in tent camp. Meals: Full Board.
10th Day. ABC – Achik-Tash
Descent to Base Camp. Overnight in tent camp. Meals: Full Board.
11th Day. Achik-Tash – Osh
After breakfast transfer to Osh. Free time in Osh. Overnight in the hotel. Meals: Breakfast in BC only.
12th Day. Osh – Chichkan Gorge
Long transfer to Chichkan Gorge (450 km, 8 hours drive). Overnight in the Guest House located on the bank of Chichkan River. Meals: Breakfast in the hotel only.
13th Day. Chichkan Gorge – Bishkek
Land transfer to Bishkek (260 km, 5 hours drive). Overnight in the hotel. Meals: Breakfast in Guest House only.
14th Day. Departure
Check-out. Transfer to Airport. Departure by international flight.
Group of 4 people –USD 1425 per person
Group of 5 people – USD 1250 per person
Group of 6 people – USD 1130 per person
Group of 7 people – USD 1047 per person
Group of 8 people – USD 985 per person
Group of 10 people – USD 895 per person
Service included in the program:
- Transport: Minivan (7 seats total) for groups of 2 – 4 people
- Minibus (12-17 seats) for groups of 5 or more people
- Extra vehicle for luggage for groups of 11 or more people
- Entrance fees for excursions mentioned in the programme
- Domestic flight Bishkek-Osh
- Accommodation in twin standard rooms as mentioned above
- Accommodation in Base Camp and Advance Base Camp is provided in tents, two people per tent
- Meals: as mentioned above
- English speaking guide
- Border permit
- Registration with local Rescue Service
Additional services available at extra cost at Base Camp and at Advanced Base Camp:
- Camping gas canisters (propane / butane), screw-fitting: USD 10 per new canister (230gr), USD 6 per refilled canister
- Horse (for carrying gear from BC to ABC, 4200m): USD 3 per kg (up to 50 kg maximum)
- Rental of satellite phone for hikking: USD 10 per day plus safety refundable deposit of USD 400 required. Thuraya airtime is charged extra
- Satellite phone calls in ABC are free of charge, cost of calls are charged at USD 4/minute and cost of sms are charged at USD 2/sms.
Conditions and notes:
- Paperwork to receive border permits takes 4-5 weeks. Tourists should send copies of passports to ITMC in advance of this. There is a surcharge of USD 30 per person for urgent permit preparation.
- Kyrgyz Airlines operating domestic flights Bishkek-Osh reserves right to change air fares without prior notice (ITMC has no control over this).
- The domestic flights baggage allowance is 15kg per person, overweight baggage is charged at USD 2/kg.
- Prices for 4 star and 5 star hotels, guest houses and apartments are available on request.